- - - - -

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме

admin

Отправлено 08 ������ 2007 - 06:51

admin

Самый главный тут

• Администраторы
  • 9�615 сообщений
How I put my old Cingular SIM in my iPhone and made it work.

First I must say all thanks go to the amazing people in the iPhone development team (they don't like links to their site because of bandwidth issues). I especially want to thank "iZsh", "nightwatch", "daeken" and "roxfan" and the rest of the hard working programmers for providing to everyone, the code needed to use other SIMs in the iPhone. I also want to thank a couple of my fellow chatters in the room "Dionisis" for sharing his walkthrough with me when he figured out how to do this and "aPPlewEEd" for catching an obvious error of mine that stumped me somewhere around 2 a.m. and kept me from getting this working.

<A name=cutid2>

This procedure does NOT unlock the iPhone after doing this, it still remains carrier dependent. But you can now use most any AT&T (pre-Cingular renaming) or Cingular pre-paid account (mine is from a contract that ran out) or any virtual operator's SIM card that uses the AT&T and Cingular network. This also works for corporate accounts.

This method is for those who live in the United States and can get access onto the AT&T network. Please send all inquiries about service to AT&T. I don't work for AT&T, so I can't answer account questions (I'm getting tons of them).

Ok, so grab your iPhone, shut it down and remove the AT&T SIM that it came with. Now get the SIM that you want to use in the iPhone and write down the 19 or 20 digit number that is on the card. This number will be referred to later as the ICCID. If your number is illegible, you may be able to determine what this number is by using it in your old phone.

The only other method of determining the ICCID would be to download the iPhone Tool here. Unzip the download. There is a file called tool in it, put it on your desktop. Open the Terminal, type: cd dekstop Then type: ./tool Then, with your iPhone connected to your computer and iTunes closed, type: --activate Now go to the iPhone and press Settings > General > About and scroll down to get your ICCID. Disconnect the cable for the iPhone and close the Terminal. Restart the Terminal and type: cd desktop Then type: ./tool Then, with your iPhone connected to your computer and iTunes closed, type: --deactivate When you get the number, put the SIM into the iPhone.

Note: If you've successfully modified the iPhone before, then skip to Step 11.

Step 1.

Make sure your iPhone is docked and charged.

Изображение

Step 2.

From iTunes, make sure you have a backup of your phone and all settings (if you want to keep them). Simply connect the iPhone to your computer and iTunes will sync your iPhone. Automatically backed-up information includes text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, sound settings, widget settings, certain network settings, and other preferences.

Step 3.

Quit iTunes. Don't just minimize it, shut it down. If you have the iTunes Helper open, you must quit that as well. To determine if they are running, open the Activity Monitor program found in the Utilities folder inside of the Applications folder. If it is running, highlight it in the list and click the Quit Process button.

Изображение

Step 4.

Make sure the iPhone is on.

Step 5.

Download the software restore file from Apple. Click here . Once the file is downloaded, most browsers may automatically decompress the file and leave a folder called iPhone1,1_1 on your desktop. If your browser did not do this, and you have an .ipsw file instead, then rename the extension to .zip and decompress it yourself.

Step 6.

Create a folder called phonedmg in your home folder. Any time you modify the iPhone you must put the files you will be uploading to it in this folder.

Изображение

Step 7.

Place the software restore files you downloaded from Apple (the iPhone1,1_1 folder) into the phonedmg folder. Do not place the folder itself in here, just what's in the folder (and there is one subfolder in it). Look at the image below to make sure your folder's contents match mine.

Изображение

Step 8.

Download the "jailbreak" program here you can also get it here. Put these files into the phonedmg folder.

Изображение

Step 9.

Download the iPhoneInterface (v 0.3.3) program here you can also get it here. Put these files into the phonedmg folder.

Изображение

Step 10.

Download the original Services.plist file from here or from here. Put this file into the phonedmg folder.

Изображение

Step 11.

Go to your Applications folder and then go into the Utilities folder and find the program called Terminal. You should move this to your dock for easier access. Note that when typing in the terminal, everything is case sensitive. So watch your capital letters and lower case letters. Do not interchange them, they won't work.

Изображение

Step 12.

Start Terminal and type: cd phonedmg Then press the enter key. You'll see you are now in the phonedmg directory where all of your files that you downloaded earlier should be.

Изображение

Step 13.

Type: ./jailbreak Then press the enter key. You should see the text "Looking for iPhone..." If you don't, then you did something wrong. When you run jailbreak with the iPhone on you'll get this:

Изображение

It will next say:

Изображение

Step 14.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button for a full 25 seconds.

Изображение

The iPhone will restart in recovery mode. At this point the iTunes program may open, so close it.

Изображение

Note: If you have iTunes 7.3.1 it won't launch automatically when you go into recovery mode. Continue to Step 15.

Note: If you have iTunes 7.3.054 go back to the Terminal window running jailbreak and press and hold the CTRL key while pressing the C key. You have to do this because jailbreak tells you to go into recovery mode, and doesn't give you a prompt to kill the shell process.

At the new prompt type ./jailbreak Then press the enter key. A few additional lines of text will appear as the iPhone is modified. This process may take up to one minute and it won't look like anything is happening, but trust me, jailbreak is busy. What until you get a screen similar to the one below.

Изображение

Step 15.

Open a Finder window and navigate to ~/Library/Lockdown There should be a .plist file there. It will have a long alphanumeric name. You'll need to grab that name (except for the .plist part) later. That alphanumeric string is the iPhone's device ID. The number here is a dummy string but will match the examples provided in these instructions.

Изображение

Step 16.

Download the iASign program here. Unzip the file and copy the file iPhoneActivation.pem, which is in the bin folder, to your phonedmg folder.

Step 17.

Go back to the Terminal and type: ./iPhoneInterface Then press the enter key.

Now type: cd /System/Library/Lockdown Then press the enter key.

Then type: putfile iPhoneActivation.pem Then press the enter key.

Изображение

Step 18.

Open another Terminal. Do NOT close the Terminal you had open in Step 17. We are opening a second Terminal because I think the less you have to cd around (changing directories) the less chance there is for error.

Type: cd desktop Then press the enter key.

Type: cd iASign Then press the enter key.

Type: cd bin Then press the enter key.

Изображение

You now need to enter a very long command into the Terminal. Here it is without any data yet:

./iASign.mac

Here's an example of what this command will look like with the data entered.

./iASign.mac iPhoneActivation_private.pem 899f76df3vgbvnmp2693333330f3wq49258d636y3 33245888222222999 8888839339393213333322 whateveryouwant.plist

It's not as hard as it looks. Hey do you wanna do this or not? ;) Most of it is cut and paste.

So now we need to get the information for everything that goes within the brackets. Let's use the same colors we used above to help us here. The first item is the private key file. The value for this is iPhoneActivation_private.pem which you should recognize from the iASign/bin folder.

Next is the device ID which you found earlier in Step 15.

Now you need the iPhone's IMEI which you can get off the back of the retail box.

Next you need the ICCID from the SIM card you want to put into the iPhone. You should have written this number down before Step 1. because the SIM is now in the iPhone!

The final thing is the output_filename which is what the iASign program will create when you enter the very long command in the Terminal. Call it whateveryourwant.plist

You might want to type all this information into a text editor to get it just so. Then just copy and paste the whole thing into the Terminal. Double check everything you type before you enter it! Here's what it all looks like when you enter the command and press enter.

Изображение

The program should generate your plist file instantly and place it with the other iASign files in the bin folder.
Изображение

Step 19.

Now you need to get the program called iPhone Tool which you can get here.

Unzip the download. There is a file called "tool" in it. Copy that into your iASign/bin folder where the whateveryouwant.plist file is.

Open a new Terminal window. Type: cd desktop Then press the enter key.

Then type: cd iASign Then press the enter key.

And type: cd bin Then press the enter key.

If you need to deactivate your iPhone because you bypassed activation with it earlier to use it as an iPod with Wi-Fi, then type: ./tool --deactivate If you are unable to deactivate, try unplugging the iPhone and plugging it back in again, also try rebooting the computer and the phone. As a last resort the restore option in iTunes may be necessary.

For everyone else out there type: ./tool --activate whateveryouwant.plist

Изображение

You should still have another Terminal open that is still running iPhoneInterface (remember we opened this during Step 12. to jailbreak with? Go to it and confirm that you are still at /System/Library/Lockdown If not, cd there.

Now type: putfile Services.plist

Then type: exit

Изображение

Power down the iPhone, disconnect the cable, and turn it back on. Your phone should now recognize your SIM and confirm that the iPhone is activated now.

Изображение

FAQ

#1. I get this error message: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an uknown error ocurred (0xE8000022)."

You did not putfile the Services.plist to the /System/Library/Lockdown directory. Jailbreak again, and run iPhoneInterface and upload the file. If this does not work, restoring may be an option.

#2. I get this error message: "iPhoneInterface(543,0xa000d000) malloc: *** Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x90b2f38c; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug."

You did not putfile the Services.plist to the /System/Library/Lockdown directory. Jailbreak again, and run iPhoneInterface and upload the file. If this does not work, restoring may be an option.

#3. I get this error message at Step 17: "Problem starting AFC: -402653150."

If restoring your phone has no effect, or you are unable to restore your phone due to a secondary error ("iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an uknown error ocurred (0xE8000022).") then uninstall iTunes and reinstall. Then restart the iPhone and try again.